Pet Rats/bump on my rats chin.

Question
bump
bump  
I noticed a little bump on my rats chin a week ago, i noticed last night that it became huge and was a little green in color. I'm guessing it's an abscess I've looked it up. But not sure if us the same thing. Today it got worse and looks to be open maybe, idk what to do or how to clean it...please help!!

Answer
Catey,

Keep the cage as clean as possible. Most abscesses, even those that end up opening up, still seem to heal on their own- rats groom themselves a lot and are naturally clean animals. I have dealt with my share of abscesses and have done nothing more than keep the rats' cages clean and apply warm compresses on them when needed.

Hope that helps!

Pet Rats

Shawna Laufer