Pet Rats/Swollen tongue knawed, loss of blood, abscess

PDK wrote at 2014-03-30 22:38:40
Sounds like the same exact thing my rat just went through. I euthanized very reluctantly today. Of all places to be under the tongue where that affects their eating and medicine intake. Sad day, but I know I made the right decision for my pet rat. There was also a very foul smell with my rat.  

Pet Rats

Debbie Ducommun

I can answer any questions about pet rats, but you will probably be able find answers to simple questions more quickly on my website at If you have a life-threatening emergency you can try calling me at 530-899-0605. I am not usually on the computer on the weekend.

I have been "The Rat Lady" since 1985 and am recognized as one of the world's experts on pet rats. I have 3 published books and already answer lots of questions about rats daily.

President of Rat Assistance & Teaching Society

I am a monthly columnist for Pet Business magazine, and my writing has appeared in other magazines. I have 3 published books.

BA in Animal Behavior