Pet Rats/Imi prolapsed vagina

Thank you again Debbie, Imi is about two and a half years old. All would not allow another follow up question so I had to send this as a new question. If you need to, I hope you can view our whole correspondence from the last message. But to answer your question, Imi is 2&1/2 years old. Thanks again, -Kevin and Imi

I'm thinking the only real cure for this problem is to have her whole vagina and whatever is left of her uterus surgically removed. But it might also be possible for a vet to anesthetize her, push the vagina back up where it belongs, and sew the vaginal opening closed with non-dissolvable sutures.

Pet Rats

Debbie Ducommun

I can answer any questions about pet rats, but you will probably be able find answers to simple questions more quickly on my website at If you have a life-threatening emergency you can try calling me at 530-899-0605. I am not usually on the computer on the weekend.

I have been "The Rat Lady" since 1985 and am recognized as one of the world's experts on pet rats. I have 3 published books and already answer lots of questions about rats daily.

President of Rat Assistance & Teaching Society

I am a monthly columnist for Pet Business magazine, and my writing has appeared in other magazines. I have 3 published books.

BA in Animal Behavior