Pet Rats/Weird bump

Eye bumb
Eye bumb  
Hello! Recently I've noticed a small little bumb or something above my oldest rat's eye. She's only about 6-7 months old and the other one that I have in the cage with her is totally fine. Her behavior is normal, but I just bought another baby to join them. I want to make sure that this bumb isn't anything serious or contagious and if I can treat it myself without needing to go to the vet. If it does get worse, I will eventually go but for right now I want to try and find other alternatives before driving out of town to find a local vet or pet store.

hi Megan, Sorry for the late response, i saw your question last night i needed to think about this one!

Rats can get tumors, however i doubt that this is a tumor because of the location.
An abscess is possible! her eye could have gotten scratched and gotten infected.If it grows any larger of seems painful then I would take her to the vet!

Hope this helps a little!

Pet Rats

Emily Harris

I can Answer Questions from Training your pet rat,socializing , breeding ,whelping,birth defects, coat patters,genetic disorders, Pros and Cons of Rats,Male vs. Females, Behavior, Diet, General care, Housing, Bathing, Home remedy for the deadly respiratory infection,exercise,Toys,play time,free ranging, what can cause your rat to become sick(ex pine and cedar oils),Living Conditions, Sexing a rat, Intelligence, Breed standards and ways to improve the smell of your pet rat.

I currently have 4 rats, 2 females, 1 breeding male and my 5 year old male who has been retired. I have a degree in biology. I breed for feeders and pets. I have owned rats for 8 years and have bred for 6 years.

Biology degree