Pet Rats/Cage/bitting

I have 2 female rats i got from petsmart 7 weeks ago. I move their cage somtimes and put my fingers threw the cage bars. One of the rats comes over and tries to bite my finger i move it and she chasses after it trying to bite it. The other ones not intrested in my finger. I will add a photo of their cage with a question does it look big enough?? thanks

Yes I cage is plenty big enough.
I have come across a few of the through the cage bitters. They will often do it in the cage but won't bite you if you are handling them. In my experience it is from being fed through the bars rather than opening the cage. You can lightly tap the nose when she tries to bite you or keep your finger just out of her reach but close enough that she can smell it's not food.  

Pet Rats

Emily Harris

I can Answer Questions from Training your pet rat,socializing , breeding ,whelping,birth defects, coat patters,genetic disorders, Pros and Cons of Rats,Male vs. Females, Behavior, Diet, General care, Housing, Bathing, Home remedy for the deadly respiratory infection,exercise,Toys,play time,free ranging, what can cause your rat to become sick(ex pine and cedar oils),Living Conditions, Sexing a rat, Intelligence, Breed standards and ways to improve the smell of your pet rat.

I currently have 4 rats, 2 females, 1 breeding male and my 5 year old male who has been retired. I have a degree in biology. I breed for feeders and pets. I have owned rats for 8 years and have bred for 6 years.

Biology degree