Pet Rats/my female pet rat is in pain and dying

Question
My almost 4 year old pet rat just recently developed 3 large bumps on her belly. She has been acting fine until last night. Shes in pain and her breathing is really shallow. I was wondering if there is anything i can do to help her pain at home. Wha i can give her? Its before i get paid and im really worried. Thank you.

Answer
Hi Brittnee,
I'm so sorry to hear your rat is so sick. You have done a great job getting her to almost 4 years of age!  If you think it is time to euthanize her, and it sounds like it might be, you will find a method you can do at home on my website at www.ratfanclub.org on the Rat Info page at the bottom of the list.

You can also try giving her some ibuprofen to see if that makes her more comfortable. See the First Aid article at the top of that webpage, and you'll find a section about how to give ibuprofen.
Deb

Pet Rats

Debbie Ducommun