Pet Rats/male rats

Question
i just bought a male rat, they said he was about 6 months old...i grew up with rats, but it has been awhile since i had my last male rat...my question is his age, his testicles are not very big yet...so does that mean he is young?

Answer
Hi Carla,
You can't really judge the age of a rat by the size of his testicles. They can be huge even at a young age, and they can also be smaller at any age. They can also retract them into their abdomen, which will affect how large they look.

How big is he? How long have you had him? Has he grown any since you got him?  Is he the only rat you have, or did you get him a companion?
Deb

Pet Rats

Debbie Ducommun