Pet Rats/Rat health

Question
I have a 3 rat mischief and they are all thin in my opinion.. Is it normal to feel and see spine and feel ribs and other bones easily. Could this be a sign of illness??? Please help I am really worried about my boys and don't want ten to get sick. They also have a little bit of porphryn but they have had that since they were 2 months old. Also is it normal for rats to make a chirping sound every once in a while? Thanks for reading an I am eager to get a response!!!
-Halle  

Answer
Hi Halle,
No, it's not normal unless they are really old. Is the chirping sound in a cluster, and does it look like they have hiccups when they do it? That is a sneezing jag caused by mycoplasma.

How old are your rats?  What do you feed them?
Deb

Pet Rats

Debbie Ducommun