Pet Rats/my hairless rat is lethargic and cold to touch

I have a hairless rat and she has been fine until this morning, I could tell she was moving slower so when I picked her up she feels almost cold to and her skin is not as thin feeling as usual. And she's not wanting to eat. Is there anything special I can do to help?

Dear Sarah,

Emergency trip to the vet. Lethargy indicates life threatening infection. Keep her very warm and get fluids inside her. If she has friends at least one should accompany her to make it less stressful.

Try this vet finder to find a good vet. You will need to call to see if they take rats.

Pet Rats

Natasha Millikan

Consider me a sub, when no one else is available. NOTE YOU MUST NOT HAVE ONLY ONE RAT. JOIN MY FACEBOOK GROUP (because there are smarter people than me there!!): ***** ***** Excellent sites: **** **** **** **** **** ****

I have had rats for 3-1/3 years and have researched them extensively. I am a mouse expert with 40 years' experience with mice. The two species are similar and yet also quite different.

My Facebook group is Rats (and Mice) are Awesome.

I have a Bachelor's and two Master's degrees in Linguistics

I am honored that my rats love me!

My Facebook group, Rats are Awesome, serves at the moment 5300 members, and, considering all the huge rescues, probably averages 5 rats per member. That means my clients are about 25,000 rats!!!