Pet Rats/Gasping lil Rattie!

My best friend and her boyfriend have a total of six rats, but four of them live together in a large cage. They are all girls and get along very well and are about a year old. Recently, one of them, Io, has been gasping for air and while doing this making small clicking sounds. When this happens, she refuses any food or drink and can't do much else but gasp - she doesn't like to be with her sisters because the run all over her and doesn't seem able to make up her mind. This started only very recently with the large rain the flooded metrodetroit and she is now having the issue again today, after it's rained again. They use the paper sort of bedding and even when it's dusty, she never sneezes.
I have a video of her doing this if it helps to see it!

Dear Raechel,

Oh no!

I am very very sorry to be so late :( . I was ill and then I was traveling which made me ill again :(

She is very very very sick. He lungs are filling with fluid. That means she has pneumonia. She needs a vet visit and antibiotics immediately. If the vet isn't sure what to do, ask for doxycycline and Baytril.

I hope she makes it to the vet.

Pet Rats

Natasha Millikan

Consider me a sub, when no one else is available. NOTE YOU MUST NOT HAVE ONLY ONE RAT. JOIN MY FACEBOOK GROUP (because there are smarter people than me there!!): ***** ***** Excellent sites: **** **** **** **** **** ****

I have had rats for 3-1/3 years and have researched them extensively. I am a mouse expert with 40 years' experience with mice. The two species are similar and yet also quite different.

My Facebook group is Rats (and Mice) are Awesome.

I have a Bachelor's and two Master's degrees in Linguistics

I am honored that my rats love me!

My Facebook group, Rats are Awesome, serves at the moment 5300 members, and, considering all the huge rescues, probably averages 5 rats per member. That means my clients are about 25,000 rats!!!