Pet Rats/doesnt know her own sister

Hi , I have 3 female rats all brought at the same time , lived together and are now just over 1yr old. One of them had to go for a lump removal and was  from the others for a day . When I got them all out together one of the other 2 won't go near the  oparated one and runs away ( Evan jumping on the floor ) to escape ? I don't understand her behavior, surley she should know her own sister ?
What can I do to get them back together I don't want to keep any one seperate as it seems unfair .(the other 2 seem to be fine together)

She does know her sister, but she's a little afraid because her sister suddenly smells unfamiliar, due to the surgery environment she was in and perhaps the medications she's on.  This is very common.  Has happened every time I took one of my own rats for surgery.  

As long as her sister doesn't show aggression towards her, just give it a few days and all will be back to normal. M

Please let me know if you need help with anything else.

Pet Rats

Irene Murphy

I can answer a variety of questions regarding adoption and care of pet rats throughout their lifetimes, including questions about their health and well being, temperment, diet, bedding, cages, toys, etc. I will try to answer your questions to the best of my ability in a timely manner and I have an abundant amount of resources to help me to help you with your pet rats. I love rattie pictures, so include pics with your question if you can. You may ask me medical questions, but please be advised that I am not a vet. I may use my resources to answer some medical questions, however, I will need to refer you to your local vet with medical questions that I feel I am not qualified to address.

I have been a huge rat enthusiast for many years. Since becoming a rat owner, I have educated myself in all areas of pet rats from every resource I could find including the internet, books, conversations with local exotic vets, as well as several local rat breeders.

I have a college degree but not in the area of animals. I have obtained my extensive experience and knowlege of pet rats all on my own because in my eyes, pet rats are the most interesting and fascinating creatures you can ever imagine to have as pets. I also am saddened by how mislabeled and misunderstood these amazing and extremely smart animals are by the majority, and my mission in life has become to educate and change as many people's perceptions of rats as I possibly can.