Pet Rats/Need help dosing

Question
Hello Debbie,
First let me start off by saying that your books and online information regarding rats have been super helpful over the years. Anyways I have two male rats that came to me sneezing. I left it alone for two weeks until they were adjusted to their new home. Then I tried amoxicillin and doxycycline. When Beethoven's sneezing progressive wheezing I took them to the vet and they were prescribed Baytril and Doxy. I have not heard the wheezing from Beethoven since but they have not stopped sneezing. So I ordered some azithromycin for fish online and need help figuring out how many ml of flavoring to put in with a 250mg pill. They both weigh about a half a pound. Also wanted to check if it is okay to use the fish version of azithromycin as it is okay to use fishmox?

Thanks
Christine

Answer
Hi Christine,
Before we talk about the azithromycin, which I don't recommend, let's talk about how long they have been on on the Baytril, and what the dose is. Also, what bedding do you use for them?  If you want to email me instead my email is ratlady@ratfanclub.org
Deb

Pet Rats

Debbie Ducommun