Pet Rats/Cookie & Stella

Cookie and Stella
Cookie and Stella  
Hi Irene,

Things are going well between our rats.  They became fast friends.  We dont know how old Cookie is, but we got her only a short while ago so we figured that getting a slightly smaller rat would work.  Stella is smaller but has a big personality, (she is very chatty).  I used your advice and things are great.

Thanks again for caring do much.

Hi Karrell, I really appreciate you writing to me with an update about your girls.  Great news that they accepted each other so easily.  Often times things don't go this well.  The picture of your daughter with the girls is precious.  Please write again if I can help you with anything else.

Pet Rats

Irene Murphy

I can answer a variety of questions regarding adoption and care of pet rats throughout their lifetimes, including questions about their health and well being, temperment, diet, bedding, cages, toys, etc. I will try to answer your questions to the best of my ability in a timely manner and I have an abundant amount of resources to help me to help you with your pet rats. I love rattie pictures, so include pics with your question if you can. You may ask me medical questions, but please be advised that I am not a vet. I may use my resources to answer some medical questions, however, I will need to refer you to your local vet with medical questions that I feel I am not qualified to address.

I have been a huge rat enthusiast for many years. Since becoming a rat owner, I have educated myself in all areas of pet rats from every resource I could find including the internet, books, conversations with local exotic vets, as well as several local rat breeders.

I have a college degree but not in the area of animals. I have obtained my extensive experience and knowlege of pet rats all on my own because in my eyes, pet rats are the most interesting and fascinating creatures you can ever imagine to have as pets. I also am saddened by how mislabeled and misunderstood these amazing and extremely smart animals are by the majority, and my mission in life has become to educate and change as many people's perceptions of rats as I possibly can.