Pet Rats/breathing issues

lyndsey wrote at 2016-01-18 22:06:40
Hi there. This was my post. Just another quick question. My rats doing absolutely fine now. Hes still got couple days left of doxycycline 1/4 of tab 2 times a day. Anyway is it possible for scarring on his lungs to make him breath harsher. Like hes very active and got great appetite and is breathing great. Hes stopped breathing from his tummy. But was wondering if this is normal after pneumonia and respiratory infections.

Pet Rats

Debbie Ducommun

I can answer any questions about pet rats, but you will probably be able find answers to simple questions more quickly on my website at If you have a life-threatening emergency you can try calling me at 530-899-0605. I am not usually on the computer on the weekend.

I have been "The Rat Lady" since 1985 and am recognized as one of the world's experts on pet rats. I have 3 published books and already answer lots of questions about rats daily.

President of Rat Assistance & Teaching Society

I am a monthly columnist for Pet Business magazine, and my writing has appeared in other magazines. I have 3 published books.

BA in Animal Behavior