Pet Rats/Dosing meds

Question
I was wondering if you can help me dose my pet rats, they have a prescription for clavamox, they need 6.2 mg twice daily. But I have 100mg tablets. I don't know how to give it to them. Do I mix in in water, how much?

Answer
Hi.  I will need your rats weight first, either in ounces or grams.  If you don't have one of small kitchen food scales, they're not expensive and can be purchased at a Target, Walmart, maybe even grocery store.  Alternately, you can take them to a local vet who should be able to weigh them at no charge.  Call first to ask if they have a scale for small animals.  I'll look forward to hearing back from you.

Pet Rats

Irene Murphy