Pet Rescue/Adoption/rescued beagle from a "puppy farm"

how do you train them to not be agressive when eating

Well first they have to see you as the alpha, or at least that you are higher in the chain of command than they are, and know not to challenge you whatever the circumstance. This can be corrected, but takes a lot of work, and you must be consistent, and you must not reward the dog for bad behavior. You must make the dog understand that there are rewards for good social behavior only. I am sure this dog will need a lot of socialization and discipline training, and this is too in depth for anyone to get into online. You will need to seek out a dog trainer for this.

Pet Rescue/Adoption

I am the co-founder of Wichita Falls Reptile Rescue ( Wichita Falls, Tx. ). We provide temporary to permanent sanctuary, medical care, and adoption, to needy reptiles of all types ( turtles, tortoises, lizards, and snakes ). We are, first and foremost, reptile educators and care advisors. In this way we hope that we can prevent many animals from needing to be rescued or re-homed in the first place. We are experienced in many different specific reptile species, including: Geckos, Anoles, Iguanas, Bearded Dragons, Monitors, aquatic and box turtles, tortoises, colubrid and venomous snakes, and Horned Lizards. We can advise you about a variety of captive care issues, and are available to speak to the public about the study and conservation of reptiles in the wild. We also have previous experience in dog and squirrel rescue organizations, with rabbits, and with some wild and domestic birds. We continue to rescue squirrels in our area with much success, and work closely with our partners, of Southwest Oklahoma Animal Rescue. We can assist in emergencies with these and many other animals; or, direct you to someone or another appropriate rescue group who can help.

I am an amatuer herpetologist, with 20 years experience with reptiles. I am a reptile rescuer and subscriber to the International Veterinary Information Service, and member of the Horned Lizard Conservation Society. I have medical and scientific resources available, and have had to learn herp medical care over the years. I am not a vet, but I read from the same materials and have had to correct a few in the past, as it related to reptiles. I have a yahoogroup dedicated to the conservation and husbandry of Horned Lizards. My specific area of expertise is in Chelonians ( primary- Box Turtles ), Phrynosoma ( Horned Lizards ), and Crotalids ( primary-Western Diamondback Rattlesnakes ); though I have some knowledge and/or experience also with aquatic turtles ( Red Eared Sliders ), tortoises, monitors, many other smaller lizards, and with some colubrid snakes. I am currently the caretaker of 13 Horned Lizards ( 10 rescues ), 9 Box Turtles ( 7 in rescue ), 1 Tortoise, 1 Red Eared Slider ( rescue ), 2 Leopard Geckos, 1 Golden Gecko ( rescue ), 1 African Wall Gecko ( rescue ), 4 Mediterranean Geckos, 2 Bahama Anoles ( rescues ), 1 Ca. Kingsnake, 1 Brazilian Rainbow Boa, 1 Bullsnake, 5 Fox Squirrels ( in rescue ), and 1 Budgie.

Wichita Falls Reptile Rescue
Horned Lizards YahooGroup
Horned Lizard Conservation Society

The Horned Lizard Husbandry Manual - self published 26 pages of care information. Wikipedia entry "Horned Lizards" - contributed to a majority of the content.

20 years of field and captive husbandry EXPERIENCE.

I was requested to provide my care sheet on the Desert Horned Lizard ( Phrynosoma platyrhinos ), for the Montreal zoo.