Pet Rescue/Adoption/Doodle donkey- repeatedly assaulted

Question
Hi- thanks for volunteering. I donít know where to start or how to keep this short. A FB link is below with the event about this animal.

Iím an ARA in Jacksonville FL. Iíve been working hard to help a mini donkey named Doodle in Ocala FL since Sept of this year. She has been repeated raped and the problem Iím focusing on is Doodle herself now- the shelter she is at is refusing to donate her to a local sanctuary, instead trying to get money through adopting her. Shameful and heartbreaking.

With 6000+ activists on Facebook and a Care2 petition, Iíve been following everything about Doodleís rapist because when he was done the Marion County Animal Center (MCAC), they would be seeking legal custody of her. They lie when anyone calls saying they cannot commit to donating her to sanctuary, but they tell the media they will be adopting her out. Sheís hurt and young and needs special careÖsanctuary. Today this came to a head because finally MCAC was to have their custody hearing. NO ONE can get me any info. They refuse to say how much in fees a sanctuary could pay to take her. Now the time might be here to really seek the publicís help through local protests, but I need to know whatís happening. Ocala is an agricultural town and they donít have a respect for Doodle or her suffering.

MY QUESTIONS: What can anyone do to get Doodle donkey to sanctuary before sheís adopted out?
When will they start adopting her out? What am I reading hereÖdid the rapist Romero sign Doodle over to the county today?

http://casesearch.marioncountyclerk.org/index.cfm?FuseAction=Home.CaseView&Case_

Public Facebook Event Iíve been running
https://www.facebook.com/events/393781037359128/

Doodleís original story on my blog
http://emptyallcages.com/2012/09/20/florida-farmhand-rapes-donkey/

Thank you so much for any advice for me and Doodle,
Lisa Grossman
www.facebook.com/lgrossman621

Answer
Thank you so much for wanting to help this poor donkey.  It doesn't sound like you are getting much help locally.  I am not familiar with the laws for farm animals in your state but I think your best course of action is to contact national groups such as PETA, Humane Society of the US, ASPCA, etc.   Hopefully, one of them can help Doodle.  

Pet Rescue/Adoption

Dana