Pet Rescue/Adoption/Rehoming

Question
I own six chinchillas between the ages of 2-3 years. They are loved and well taken care of. Two were bought for me and the female came pregnant, which resulted in my having six. The boys are all neutered/spayed. As much as I love them, I can't take care of all six forever and would like to rehome them - all of them if possible, due to their being so used to one another. They all have gentle natures and are fairly tame.

The thing I'm very worried about is not finding a good, kind, caring owner whose true interest is taking care of my chinchillas. I know there are no guarantees, but I'd like to know if there are any ways to make sure the person is serious and weeding out people who may not love them?

Answer
If you have time you can interview them, do a home visit and speak to their vet..that's what I do with my rescues before allowing someone to adopt them...also speak to landlords to be sure pets are allowed.  The other option is to google for chinchilla rescues in your area they will use extreme care in placing them in good homes.
Thanks for taking care in finding them good homes...wish more animals had owners like you!
Have a great day!
Ruthie

Pet Rescue/Adoption

Ruthie Augustein