Pet Rescue/Adoption/injured retriever with heart murmer

Hi,Dana we have been taking care of my daughters puppy sense she found out she has a heart mummer.she got puppy for companion sense she took job teaching special needs children an living alone four hours away from home.Shes also taking a night class to get her specialist degree which she needs for her profession.Thats why i was keeping Tide for her.We live in rural area so i have keep close eye on Tide keeping her in pin when were at work bringing her in at night. When im home i let her out of her pin an play with her .But today i let her out played with her an left her out while i went in.She was ran over by car. Im upset because she is hurt now because of me.I want know how bad until she stays overnight at vets.We know she has two broken legs but back leg may need surgery .WE were trying to figure out how to figure out how to afford her heart surgery now this.I guess Im just asking your thoughts and if there is any organization that would help.Shes such a loving pet and can brighten your day.It may be that we have to put her down due to cost.This is the last thing i want to do but may have no choice.thanks for any suggestions u have.Shes a Chesapeake bay retriever beautiful seven month old. thank you again.

I am so sorry for all of your burdens.  There are a couple of things you might be able to do.
1. Ask the vet if they will treat the puppy on payments.
2. Ask the vet if you surrender the pet to them, will they treat it and find it a new home.
3. Contact local no kill rescues in your area and see if they could help treat the puppy or if you could surrender it to them and they will treat it.
4. Look on the internet for grants that help with pet medical bills. There are several.

Good luck

Pet Rescue/Adoption

I have worked and volunteered at an animal shelter and a no-kill rescue for over nine years. I can answer questions concerning 1.medicating 2.spay/neuter musts to network with other shelters and rescues, how to coordinate and organize rescue transports (sending animals from euthanizing shelters to no-kills). 4.setting up a prison dog program. 5.what is involved in"home checks" for other rescues. 6.In the past few months, I have been more actively involved in our cat house. It is a modular where the cats are free roaming. I can answer questions on how to set this up and clean. I can also answer questions on isolation and intake procedures. I can answer questions concerning ringworm in cats and treatment options. 7.I am also the volunteer coordinator and can discuss coordinating volunteer events. 8.I have implemented several programs such as "2010 - The Year of the Lucky Black Cat" and "Foster a Lonely Pet for the Holidays".

I have worked and volunteered for over nine years in an animal shelter and then a no-kill rescue. I have coordinated hundreds of transports that have sent over 4700 animals from kill shelters to safety in no-kill rescues. I have written an article about this topic that is on Best Friends' (in Utah)virtual library. I also helped implement a prison dog program at the local prison in which shelter dogs lived with inmates. The inmates trained the dogs which made them more desirable for adoption.

Yorktown Nazerene Church

I have an article that is on Best Friends' virtual library.

I have bs in marketing retail from Ball State University in Muncie, IN. I have been certified in animal cpr, prison protocal, self defense and animal temperament testing. I have participated in webinars on ringworm and cats as individuals. I have attended seminars on feral cats and "More and Better Adoptions"