Pet Rescue/Adoption/Found Cat

Question
Yesterday I was at Wal-Mart when I passed by a car. I heard a strange noise coming from under the car. It was a baby kitten. It was meowing. I picked the kitten up as I was afraid it might get hit by a car. The kitten seems to be scared of everything and hisses a lot. I believe that the kitten has become attached to me because when I am not holding it, it will begin meowing until I pick it up and hold it again. I have given the kitten plenty of water and food. I have noticed that the kitten seems to nibble/bite at my finger. I am worried that the cat may have been lost, but I don't know how to find it's owner as he doesn't have a collar of anything. I don't know how old the kitten is, but it is small. It's eyes are open and it can walk fairly well. I was wondering what I can do to find it's owner and return him to them. Also, until then, how should I care for the kitten properly?

Answer
Thank you so much for helping this kitten. The first thing to do is take it to a veterinarian.  They can tell you its age and what specific care it will need.  
Secondly, post "found ads" in the paper, local veterinarians, shelters, rescues and if possible, the local radio stations. I would guess that if you have not found the owner by now that there is not an owner (kitten of a stray cat) or the owner dumped it.  Good luck, I hope this sweet baby finds a wonderful forever home.

Pet Rescue/Adoption

Dana