Pet Rescue/Adoption/flea allergy

Hi, can you tell me how serious a flea allergy is in cats. If left untreated can it be fatal? Thanks

Flea allergies are more common than people realize.  I have seen several cats with hair loss and scabby skin and flea allergies are the reason.  I am not sure if the actual allergy itself is fatal but flea infestation can be.  The flea are sucking the blood out and causing anemia.  I have seen kittens die from this and the actual allergy is very uncomfortable.  A simple allergy shot or two will take care of the allergy.  After that, monthly apply a topical flea preventive.  Do not use flea collars.  They are not effective.

Pet Rescue/Adoption

I have worked and volunteered at an animal shelter and a no-kill rescue for over nine years. I can answer questions concerning 1.medicating 2.spay/neuter musts to network with other shelters and rescues, how to coordinate and organize rescue transports (sending animals from euthanizing shelters to no-kills). 4.setting up a prison dog program. 5.what is involved in"home checks" for other rescues. 6.In the past few months, I have been more actively involved in our cat house. It is a modular where the cats are free roaming. I can answer questions on how to set this up and clean. I can also answer questions on isolation and intake procedures. I can answer questions concerning ringworm in cats and treatment options. 7.I am also the volunteer coordinator and can discuss coordinating volunteer events. 8.I have implemented several programs such as "2010 - The Year of the Lucky Black Cat" and "Foster a Lonely Pet for the Holidays".

I have worked and volunteered for over nine years in an animal shelter and then a no-kill rescue. I have coordinated hundreds of transports that have sent over 4700 animals from kill shelters to safety in no-kill rescues. I have written an article about this topic that is on Best Friends' (in Utah)virtual library. I also helped implement a prison dog program at the local prison in which shelter dogs lived with inmates. The inmates trained the dogs which made them more desirable for adoption.

Yorktown Nazerene Church

I have an article that is on Best Friends' virtual library.

I have bs in marketing retail from Ball State University in Muncie, IN. I have been certified in animal cpr, prison protocal, self defense and animal temperament testing. I have participated in webinars on ringworm and cats as individuals. I have attended seminars on feral cats and "More and Better Adoptions"