Pharmaceuticals/Sulfa vs. Sulfone

Nelrimamd65@yahoo.com wrote at 2015-08-27 23:30:49
I am an internal medicine specialist.Hope that I can help. If a patient have a condition that have fail to a specific therapy,ex.pyrimethamine for toxoplasmosis then the risk for a trial for a sulfone as dapsone for a patient allergic to sulfas (sulfonamide in this case septra or septra ds,bactrim ds,etc) may be well justified ,but the trial can be performed with dapsone gel 5% topically and the risk of anapylactic shock will decrease.

Clinically,cross reaction for allergic to sulfas with Oral Dapsone is higher thah 55%.In CNS HIV INFECTED PATIENT with history of IVDA intravenous drugs abuse and chronic hepatitis sulfones have to be use with liver function test close monitoring.A culture and sensitivity with antibiogram of the part involve is preferred to be done.Consider the time of use.

Nelrimamd65@yahoo.com wrote at 2015-08-27 23:31:22

Nelrimamd65@yahoo.com wrote at 2015-08-27 23:33:02

Pharmaceuticals

Dr Mohd Tariq Salman