Pharmaceuticals/moustache cover

Question
I want to ask if it is necessary to cover moustache in production area (Class D), as it is mentioned in the guidance to cover the beard only in that area. If answer is no, is their any scientific explanation.Thanks

Answer
The point of covering a beard is that facial hair does not potentially fall into the product. Logic would tell you that the same applies to moustaches, and even to eyebrows. While the guidance states "beards" it really means and is interpreted as meaning "facial hair".

I've had Australian, Brazilian, Dutch, US, and many others GMP inspectors cite companies for leaving moustaches exposed.

Pharmaceuticals

Michael Anisfeld