dr salman,I have  been taking 1mg of  Xanax for 4 years now.i take it once a day would increasing  dose to 2mg a day still be in safety zone.can    you tale it with lunesta I need the combo to help me sleep.would klonipine be a good  alternate to Xanax. worriedcause of worry it stays in  body20 hours can this harm kidnets.thanks for your helpim 80 been taking Xanax for5 years and have no intention of going thru withwrawl it  ismore trouble then staying it

You can take xanax with lunesta. Klonipin is also a good alternative and it does not harm kidneys. However using Alprazolam or Clonazepam together with eszopiclone may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience some impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you.

Dr Mohd Tariq Salman

I can answer questions related to indications (therapeutic uses), contraindications, adverse reactions and interactions of drugs. I can also give expert opinion on queries related to rational use of medicines, including cost effective medication, essential medicines and generic drugs.

Teaching and training of undergraduate medical, dental and pharmacy students, supervision of pharmacology residents and research on herbal drugs, pharmacovigilance and drug utilization studies.

Era's Lucknow Medical College, Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Indian Pharmacological Society, Society of Pharmacovigilance India, Association of Medical Pharmacologists of Imdia.

British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, JK Science, Natural Product Radiance, Hippocratic Journal of Unani Medicine, Indian Journal fot the Practicing Doctor, Unimed Kulliyat.

MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)