Pharmaceuticals/aspartam limit in dietary supplements

dear  Anisfeld
We  have a dietary product of aspartame loaded on maltodextrin in a jar of 115 gm powder wt. Each 100 gm of the product contains 3.6 gm aspartame loaded on 96.4gm maltodextrin ( i.e., 3.6% ). As per WHO, the acceptable daily intake of aspartame is 40mg/kg body wt which is about 3gm of aspartame for a person weighing 75kg ( which is almost equivalent to the whole content of a jar ). The amount of the powder used as sweetener is variable according to the user's will and is taken by a domestic spoon ( which also varies from a kitchen to another ).  Is there any regulation that specifies an acceptance limit for aspartame in this dietary product to be 80% - 120% or 90% - 110%.

Depending on the country where you are selling the product there are local/national limits (sorry I do not have any numerical data on this).

As far as what the consumer does with your product by adding further aspartame - that is out of your control.

Michael Anisfeld

Disclaimer: SORRY BUT I DO NOT ANSWER QUESTIONS RELATED TO: DRUG ACTIONS/INTERACTIONS, INTERNET DRUG PURCHASES, RESULTS OF DRUG TESTS, IDENTIFYING DRUGS (FOR WHICH YOUR LOCAL PHARMACIST IS THE BEST PERSON TO CONSULT). My expertise is answering questions relating to pharmaceutical manufacturing and quality technologies, drug regulations and specifically GMP requirements

Governments (Australia, Canada, India, United Kingdon, United States
Companies - over 200 companies in 37 countries