Pharmaceuticals/Cold truck mapping test

Question
Dear Sir.

My name is taehee yoo from South Korea.
I'm working at pharmaceutical industry in Korea.

Can I ask you something for Thermal mapping test of Refrigerated truck?

I really want to know the condition of temperature mapping test of Refrigerated truck.

For temperature mapping test with both of empty and loaded condition, do I have to perform the mapping test with real distribution route? The real distribution route means that driving the Refrigerated truck from origin to destination with several allocated temperature dataloggers.
Or is it possible to test with simulated condition of the distribution route like parking (stop truck) with engine on, cooling/heating unit power on.
It's actually domestic route and takes about 4~5 hours in short distribution time.

My point is the actual condition of mapping test. Execute mapping test with driving or not. Which case is sound scientific.

I appreciate if you let me know.

Thanks.

TH

Answer
If the truck is refrigerated, then there is no need to perform the test while it is driving - unless the act of driving changes performance of the refrigerator compressor.

Park the truck, turn on the engine and compressor and monitor for 24 hours, or for the longest time that it takes to make a delivery. Ideally this test should be performed in summer months. You need to perform an empty truck temperature mapping and a full truck mapping (but for full truck studies you can use empty containers to disturb the normal air flow inside the truck).

Good Luck

Pharmaceuticals

Michael Anisfeld