Pharmaceuticals/Making your own liquid multi vitamin from scratch.

Question
Hello Mr. Anisfeld:

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to read this question and possibly answering it.

I want to basically copy an anti-hangover drink which has helped me immensely to prevent hangovers. I want to make my own because the one I buy is expensive and I do wish to make some minor modifications to the formula. All the components are natural supplements such as Water, Vitamin B6, B12, C, Milk Thistle, N-Acetyl Cysteine, Calcium, Chromium, Copper, Taurine, etc.

I want to know if it is as simple as getting the individual vitamins and mixing them together in a drink. Will I get the same results?
Is it safe?
Can I get liquid vitamins instead of dry vitamins so mixing is not a problem?

Thank you so much in advance,

Alex

Answer
Alex:

Making the multi-vitamin formula you propose is not easy, and you might need some specialist equipment to do it. Some vitamins (B, C, and P) dissolve in water, the others do not - so you need to include an emulsifier to allow them to stay in solution.

While you could theoretically do all this yourself, it will end up very much more expensive than purchasing your bottle from the shop.

Good luck.

Pharmaceuticals

Michael Anisfeld