Pharmaceuticals/sleeping pills

Question
patricia,im 80 years old  and a nurse will take the time to explain side effects while todays doctors often write outprescriptions that interact with your other meds.there is so much bad publicity about ambien causing dementia,and damage central nervous system.i believe idiots write this but people believe.i was on 1mg Xanax with lunesta 3mg.my psychiatrist told me to take 15-20 ambien nitely.in not checking up on her but for a 80 year old man what would you suggest,remeron is popular with psychiatrists,but no one is told 6%of people taking remeron get their trygliscerdes increased to 500,and info if this is reversible is not in manfacturers phamplet.that's why im writing you/howard

Answer
Howard,
I am not clear what you are asking. Remeron is an antidepressant, and while that can help with sleeping, it may take several weeks to get into your system. A low dose of Ambien is safe for a person of your age. However, if you do not get satisfactory results you need to let the psychiatrist know and she can increase it. Again, I'm not clear on what you are asking me, but I am including a web site (below) which has a lot of information on Remeron. Please let me know if I can help you further, or if you want to clarify your question for me.

CLICK or go here:  http://www.rxlist.com/remeron-drug.htm  

Pharmaceuticals

Patricia Morrow