Pharmaceuticals/Bulk holding time

Question
Hi M. Anisfeld,
If i have a bulk holding time of 6 months based on Pharmascience site of production and I want to do a site change of manufacturing,could I accepte the same 6 months for my new site or I must to do a new bulk holding time stability study? Please, if possible, give me the reference.
Thank you in advance,
Amir

Answer
If the bulk hold in the new site is in the same bulk container/closure system for the same product as previously evaluated; then I see no logic/value in a repeat of the bulk hold time; nor do I think that US-FDA regulations require it (check for requirements in other countries).

Pharmaceuticals

Michael Anisfeld