Pharmaceuticals/Mesna

Question
Dear Mr. Anisfeld,
Sir,

I'd like to ask you about Mesna.As you know Mesna injection is being used as a prophylactic agent in reducing the incidence of ifosfamide-induced hemorrhagic cystitis, having said that it has been claimed on the label as "Cytotoxic agent" by some manufacturers. Does it mean it has to be manufactured in a dedicated site and manufacturing facilities? Any technical response from you would be greatly appreciated.
Kind regards,
Afshin.

Answer
Afshin:

If the product is a cytotoxic as you state, then, YES, to meet EU and US regulations, you need to manufacture the product in a dedicated manufacturing facility.

Check out this industrial magazine article for details:
http://www.contractpharma.com/issues/2014-11-01/view_features/the-new-eu-gmps-fo

Good Luck,

Pharmaceuticals

Michael Anisfeld