Pharmaceuticals/Raw materials re-test

Question
I saw you made this affirmation on a previous answer:
The world-wide regulatory acceptable text is:
a. for finished dosage forms - "expiration date"
b. for raw materials (active [API]or excipients) is "retest date"

I would like to know if you can point me to the exact name of the document or the regulation where this is stated like that?

I need to prove to the regulatory entity in Costa Rica that retest of raw materials is an acceptable and valid practice in pharmaceutical industry.

Thank for your help

Answer
Margie:

the definitions of "expiry" and "retest" can be found in many WHO, European Union and PIC/S (Pharmaceutical Inspection Cooperation Scheme) guidelines.

Specifically the definitions can be found in the glossary of: PIC/S GMP GUIDE (PART II: BASIC REQUIREMENTS FOR ACTIVE PHARMACEUTICAL INGREDIENTS) PE 009-11 (Part II) Documents for industry PIC/S GMP Guide - downloadable at http://www.picscheme.org/publication.php?id=4

I hope this helps

Pharmaceuticals

Michael Anisfeld