Pharmacology/paxil withdrawal and benzodiazepines. HELP!

I Apologize for the length of this email. I will try to keep it to the point but also want to list the important info. I am very scared and in need of some advice. I have been taking Paxil for 15 years for anxiety. I started with 20mg for 8 years, down to 15mg for 4 years and 7.5mg for the past 4 years.
Three months ago I discontinued use of the Paxil completely. I had no negative side effects except for the common "electrical shock" sensation. In fact I felt VERY good. feeling new emotions, enjoying life more than every.
One week ago (three months after stopping the paxil) while on vacation I had an intense panic attack which has continued for 5 days. I saw a doctor yesterday as soon as I arrived home and I was given oxazepam (Serax) to deal with the intense panic I feel, but it does very little to help unless I take a high amount (20 mg).
I want to start taking the paxil again but have read that there may be some negative interactions between paxil and Serax.
Is it safe to start my paxil again? How long will it take to help my panic attacks? I have read it can take up to 2 weeks.
I am considering checking myself into the hospital for sedation and monitoring until it takes effect. I cant take this any more.
Thank you.

Using oxazepam together with PARoxetine may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience some impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use. Improvements with are typically noticed within several days to weeks of starting your prescription.

Dr Mohd Tariq Salman

I can answer questions related to Adverse drug reactions, Rational use of medicines, especially antimicrobial agents, and scientific basis of the use of herbal drugs. I can also provide expert opinion on teaching and learning methods in pharmacology, pharmacology resources available on the internet and research methodology in biomedical sciences including clinical trials, biostatistics and screening of new drugs for pharmacological activity.

Teaching and training of undergraduate medical, dental and pharmacy students, supervision of Pharmacology residents and research in the fields of Herbal drugs, Pharmacovigilance and Drug Utilization studies.

JN Medical College, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh India and Era's Lucknow Medical College, Lucknow, India

British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, JK Science, Natural Product Radiance,Hippocratic Journal of Unani Medicine,Indian Journal for the Practicing Doctor and Unimed Kulliyat.

MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)