Pharmacology/Cognitive side effects of Lamictal

Question
I have an aunt who was treated for depression for many years with Lamictal. She is now showing signs of dementia. Should we take her to a specialist and tell about Lamictal?

Answer
There is a little more information I need in order to be able to make an informed assessment of her past and current therapy as it relates to her dementia.

How old is your aunt?

How long was she treated with Lamictal?

Is she still taking Lamictal?

Please list all of the medications that she is currently taking - including over the counter supplements.

Exactly what symptoms is she presenting with that you are describing as dementia?

Just answer those for me and I will see what I can dig up for you.

Dr. Joshua

Pharmacology

Dr. Joshua Cappuccilli