Pharmacology/drug interaction

Question
hi, my sister is just starting Eliquis, she failed plavix due to GI reflux, has pacemaker for many years, it's working about 3%. i have given her rocephn 0.5-1 gram IM from time to time when she is spitting up wads a green, malodorous phlegm....can i safely continue to give her a rocephin shot? Thanks lauri

Answer
Yes you can i safely continue to give her rocephin  since there are no reported drug interactions with her other drugs. However, indiscrimate use of antibiotics may lead to development of resistance and you should give it only as per advice of her physician.

Pharmacology

Dr Mohd Tariq Salman