Pharmacy/How to mask the taste of medication

Amy wrote at 2009-10-30 05:34:36
"Just put up with it"? That's a terrible answer, and from a supposed pharmacologist, no less. My reply may be over a year later, but hopefully can help someone else. I am also taking metronidazole, and was not warned about the taste. I melted some chocolate and covered all my tablets in that. They go right down, with a nice aftertaste.

Vinh wrote at 2010-02-27 08:00:05
One method that has partially worked for me has been to feed it to myself using a spoon to block it from touching my tongue for as long and as much as possible, and washing it down with warm water (over cold water).

just helping wrote at 2010-10-30 02:06:40
Get your mouth full of V-8 ot tomato juice, tip head back, drop pill in at back of mouth, and swallow fast as you can.

Tonique wrote at 2012-07-31 19:14:21
This medicine is HORRIBLE!!!!!!!! Ravi Goohi, you are so right; I was wondering why the taste keeps (present) coming back into my mouth - so it's through my saliva huh??? :-(  Oh how I hate it!!!

Keana wrote at 2012-12-08 22:26:05
It taste terrible! I am half way done with my prescription and can not stand the taste. So I looked up many ways to help mask the taste and figured out a way. If you can , crush it to a powder, mix with apple sauce and chase with a drink of your favorite Gatorade or drink and take a bite of a blueberry biscuit with a gaze. Takes the taste away completely! Hope this helps.

Pharmacy

Dr. Ravindra Bhaskar Ghooi