Pharmacy/Oral use of Protopic

Rosa Miller wrote at 2010-03-18 22:51:12
I have been using Protopic for oral linchen planus fro over 10 years and I have had no adverse side effects.  Because it potentialy could affect the liver, I have liver function tests every six month.  Both of my dermatolist feel confident that this is a fairly safe procedure.  If this patient is like me, he has gone through many other experiments trying to control the condition.  I did and nothing but Protopic has helped.

Steph wrote at 2014-07-30 12:05:16
If I may, I would like to point out that tacrolimus ointment has been showed in a sufficiently large number of studies to be more effective than triamcinolone for the treatment of symptomatic oral lichen planus to justify precribing it. Relapse within a few weeks is indeed frequent, but patients with this *very* bothering condition do appreciate the relief it provides in periods of crisis. Let's remember that there is a paucity of immune modulators with "proper" oral excipients. Fluocinonide is another option that can be used for OLP, albeit the limitations in the delivered form.

Dr. Ravindra Bhaskar Ghooi

I can provide information on drugs and medicines, their actions, uses, interactions and adverse effects. To avoid confusion, generic names of medicines may please be provided. I am a pharmacologist, having worked on animal and human pharmacology, and presently I am the Dean of Bilcare Research Academy, where we teach courses on clinical research. We dont work on saturdays and sundays, hence questions reachng me on these days will be replied on Monday, please bear with me.