i am a 43 old male,i have had rls bad the last couple of yrs,i went to a my primery doctor and he said a lose dose vicidon would help,i told him no,i rather not take them,he sent me to a nurologic,and he told me to stop eating choclote and no caffenne, i have tried all over the counter stuff for rls,

Hi Greg,
I have seen best results of treatment of restless leg syndrome accomplished when treated with drugs usually used to treat Parkinson's disease. They have side effects, as all drugs do, but taking a low dose Sinemet at night or low dose Ropinirole at night may help. Talk to your doctor about this option.
Thank you for using Allexperts
Eric Brandt, B.Sc. Pharm


All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Eric Brandt


I am a practicing pharmacist.On my drug information website, I have answered hundreds of questions to date. The articles posted on my site include Parkinson`s disease. depression, menopause, diabetes, sleep and aging, congestive heart failure, calcium channel blockers, thyroid hormone replacement therapy, ADHD, multiple sclerosis an more.


I have experience in retail as well as hospital pharmacy pracice. Currently working in a hospital pharmacy. I am experienced in drug information. Over the last 6 years I have developed a successful web site for drug information.

The addressfor my drug information website is http://www.druginformation.bc.caThere you can read articles on varios areas of health interest. You can also leave me questions which I will personally answer. I also have a free health information newsletter called The Caplet. To subscribe send e-mail to

©2017 All rights reserved.