Pharmacy/norvasc

Question
im 79 with diabetes and high blood pressure.i take for blood pressure losartan.since my pressure starting going up my doctor prescribed aplodipine besylate or norvasc.he is treating me for irregular heart beat.when i saw sigh effects of aplodipine i went ballestic.firstly is swollen ankles rare,and if you get them what do you do .i am alleregic to sulphur and have mild kidney impairment.can i take diaruetics without sulphur and moderate kidney damage to reduce swelling.is this safe drugs or better ones out there

Answer
Hi Howard,
Amlodipine is safe. Ankle swelling is rare. There are medications that can control both blood pressure and irregular heart rate. I am thinking of didiltiazem. Talk to your doctor about your concens and if diltiazem is a good alternative for you.
Thank you for using Allexperts
Sincerely,
Eric Brandt, BSc. Pharm

Pharmacy

Eric Brandt