Pharmacy/Ran out of Medication

Question
I have just run out of Wellibutrin, I talke it for anxiety. I have been taking it for years. I just ran out today, my old dr no longer takes my insurance and I can't get in to a new doctor till later next week. How can I get my medication while I am waiting to see my new doctor?

Answer
    You can try asking both doctors for an interim supply to get you through until you can see your new doctor.  Most doctors are understanding about the need to continue your medication and will give you a weeks supply to continue your therapy until you can be seen.  If neither doctor will prescribe the medication for you I would recommend an Urgent Care facility or as a very last resort going to the emergency room.  You will not be able to obtain more than a 3 days supply of medication in most states without a prescription.

Thanks

Barb Judge

Pharmacy

Barbara Judge