dear Dr. Ravindra, i am a 27 year old man. recently i had unprotected sex with my girlfriend and noticed i may have caught an infection. the underpart of my penis itches but not so much, and the skin appears to be very dry and peels of as if shedding its skin. the itching is not serious but only occurs when i touch it during my bath. please is it possible that its an sti? my girlfrend says she once caught a toilet disease. pls what could this be?

Hello Henry,
I am not an expert in sexually transmitted diseases but it appears to me as one. We do not know much about the resistance pattern in your country, so I would advice you to take norfloxacin 400 mg twice a day for 5 days. If this does not go down I am afraid you will have to visit a doctor for detailed tests.
Now will you be able to buy this drug without a prescription, I dont know what are the rules in your country, In India we can buy whatever we want.
Best wishes
Ravi Ghooi


All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Dr. Ravindra Bhaskar Ghooi


I can provide information on drugs and medicines, their actions, uses, interactions and adverse effects. To avoid confusion, generic names of medicines may please be provided. I am a pharmacologist, having worked on animal and human pharmacology, and presently I am the Dean of Bilcare Research Academy, where we teach courses on clinical research. We dont work on saturdays and sundays, hence questions reachng me on these days will be replied on Monday, please bear with me.

©2017 All rights reserved.