Pharmacy/Depression

Question
I have suffered off/on with depression since taking Acutane in my early 30's...I'm 58 now & take citalopram 40mg per day. I don't exactly feel "depressed" but I simply cannot make myself get up & going. NO motivation! Can I add Cymbalta to this & hope to be free of this dead feeling? I need to get back to work & the "real" world!

Answer
Hi Paula,
Do you find it more difficult to get up in fall and winter than in spring and summer? Sometimes the lack of sunshine in fall and winter causes what is called seasonal affective disorder (SAD). A SAD light can help. Cymbalta and citalopram do not mix. The combination can lead to too much serotonin.
Thank you for using Allexperts
Sincerely,
Eric Brandt, B.Sc. Pharm

Pharmacy

Eric Brandt