Pharmacy/Interview questions

Question
Hello, I was hoping I could get answers for the following questions:
•what is your typical day like?
•education, training, experience and skills required
•what do you like and dislike about this career?
•what are some misconceptions about this career?
•if you were trying to convince someone to go into this career what would you tell them?

The purpose of these questions is for a project where I will talk about Pharmacy.

Answer
Hi Taimi,
My typical day includes filling prescriptions, supervising pharmacy assistants, checking the work of the pharmacy assistants, preparing for patient care conferences, attending patient  care conferences, consulting with other health care professionals regarding best drugs of choice, doses and adverse effects.
I have a university degree in pharmacy.
The workload sometimes gets me down but on the whole the work is rewarding.
The rewards is knowing that I am making a difference to people's well being.
The biggest misconception is that pharmacists just count pills.
If you are interested in this profession I recommend you visit a pharmacy and ask the pharmacist to shadow him/her for a day or two to observe the daily routines. You should also do this at a hospital pharmacy as the two types of practice are not the same.
Thank you for using Allexperts.
Sincerely,
Eric Brandt, B.Sc. Pharm

Pharmacy

Eric Brandt