Pharmacy/how to treat molluscum

QUESTION: i have been suffeeing from molluscum from past 3months on my face. recently my dermatologist prescribed keralin ointment.
as soon as i applied it,my skin started burning and it turned red,the applied area. although i washed my face instantly due to burning sensation but it left red marks.
should i continue to apply keralin?? please help!

ANSWER: Hi Nisha,
It is obvious that you have allergy or are over sensitive to one of the ingredients of Keralin, it should not happen normally but then each one of us is unique. I would suggest you discontinue the Keralin ointment, report this to your doctor so that an alternative could be prescribed. In the US one cant go and buy a drug as in India and you may need a prescription to purchase the alternative product.
All the best
Ravi Ghooi

QUESTION: how to get rid off moluscum asap? i have been browsing over net to get rid off it. in one of the article, i learnt to apply clove oil. does it helpful?? and if not what alternative home made remedy i can use ?

Hi Nisha,
The so called home remedies dont work, you would do well to consult a dermatologist. Cryotherapy or cryosurgery are the best options. Drugs are not very effective since it is viral in nature.
No home remedy is  likely to work, so please see a dermatologist.
Best wishes  
Ravi Ghooi

Dr. Ravindra Bhaskar Ghooi

I can provide information on drugs and medicines, their actions, uses, interactions and adverse effects. To avoid confusion, generic names of medicines may please be provided. I am a pharmacologist, having worked on animal and human pharmacology, and presently I am the Dean of Bilcare Research Academy, where we teach courses on clinical research. We dont work on saturdays and sundays, hence questions reachng me on these days will be replied on Monday, please bear with me.