Pharmacy/pneumonia shot

i received an pneumonia vaccine 7 years ago when i was 62 yrs old. do i need another one?

Hi Tony
If you have used PPSV23, then you should take the next dose after five years, that is the present  recommendation. This means that  you should have taken it two years ago, but if you have not taken it and you have not had pseumonia then you should take it now.
All the best
Ravi Ghooi

Dr. Ravindra Bhaskar Ghooi

I can provide information on drugs and medicines, their actions, uses, interactions and adverse effects. To avoid confusion, generic names of medicines may please be provided. I am a pharmacologist, having worked on animal and human pharmacology, and presently I am the Dean of Bilcare Research Academy, where we teach courses on clinical research. We dont work on saturdays and sundays, hence questions reachng me on these days will be replied on Monday, please bear with me.