I am on aggronex since I had a mini stroke april2011. Now I come to find out that they discontinued the program. i cannot affored to pay for it. is there anything i can replace it with.

The website for the manufacturer of  Aggrenox (Boehringer Ingelheim)which is still has information on the program which is good through 2014.
If you are looking for an inexpensive replacement, Plavix (clopidogrel)is available in generic form now. You should ask your doctor if this would be all right for you to take in place of Aggrenox. Hope this helps, Mary

Mary E Scott, RPh, CGP

I am a certified geriatric pharmacist with over 23 years experience as a long-term care consultant to nursing homes. I also do community-based consulting on an individual basis. My facility-based monthly newsletter on pharmacy topics is read by nurses in over 200 long-term care facilities in 5 states.

I received a BS in Pharmacy in 1980 with post-graduate work in public health. I have had a Consultant Pharmacist license since 1984.

American Society of Consultant Pharmacists
.I received certification in geriatric pharmacy in 1998.