eric,i have been taling ambien aand remeron for sleep.they work fine.the other day I opemed a new box of ambien.i read the article of side effects from said remeron can increase colesteral,liver enzymes and trygliserides in 6%of people up to 500 it reversible when you stop medicine?is there something safe I can add to ambien not a ssri but something that does not do harm to kidneys or change electrolites.or is remeron safe if you can reverse high trigerycides from stopping med?

Hi Frank,
Before you get scared by the list of potential side effects you need to establish if you are affected. The odds are that you may be in the 94%  group that is not adversely affected. Have your liver function and triglycerides and cholesterol tested  before deciding to drop what is effective for you.
Thank you for using Allexperts.
Eric Brandt, B.Sc. Pharm

Eric Brandt

I am a practicing pharmacist.On my drug information website, I have answered hundreds of questions to date. The articles posted on my site include Parkinson`s disease. depression, menopause, diabetes, sleep and aging, congestive heart failure, calcium channel blockers, thyroid hormone replacement therapy, ADHD, multiple sclerosis an more.

I have experience in retail as well as hospital pharmacy pracice. Currently working in a hospital pharmacy. I am experienced in drug information. Over the last 6 years I have developed a successful web site for drug information.

The addressfor my drug information website is http://www.druginformation.bc.caThere you can read articles on varios areas of health interest. You can also leave me questions which I will personally answer. I also have a free health information newsletter called The Caplet. To subscribe send e-mail to