Pharmacy/remeron

Question
eric,i have been taling ambien aand remeron for sleep.they work fine.the other day I opemed a new box of ambien.i read the article of side effects from manufacturer.it said remeron can increase colesteral,liver enzymes and trygliserides in 6%of people up to 500 mg.is it reversible when you stop medicine?is there something safe I can add to ambien not a ssri but something that does not do harm to kidneys or change electrolites.or is remeron safe if you can reverse high trigerycides from stopping med?

Answer
Hi Frank,
Before you get scared by the list of potential side effects you need to establish if you are affected. The odds are that you may be in the 94%  group that is not adversely affected. Have your liver function and triglycerides and cholesterol tested  before deciding to drop what is effective for you.
Thank you for using Allexperts.
Sincerely,
Eric Brandt, B.Sc. Pharm

Pharmacy

Eric Brandt