Pharmacy/ambien false postive drug test

hello I am 29 year old female who is currently in recovery. I have been in a recovery house and outpatient program. We have to take a urine every 3 days, so there is no room for error. I currently on 11/12 came up positive for ambien. It is driving me crazy because I know I did not take that. I am currently on zoloft, vistril, methadone, flexril, chantix and vita such as milk thristle, calcium, fish oil, super b, stool softeners. I don't know how but I did . they cant tell me the amount that was in my system. I know that they pay labcorp to do this extra sensitive test that if you eat one poppy seed muffin you will be dirty for opiates. which tells me this test is super sensitive. I did relapse on 10/29 from one Xanax 2 mg bar. that was my last drug use but I am on the verge of loosing my son because of this ambien positive and I am trying to see if there is someway the combinations of my meds and something made it so I can prove to them I did not take this damn pill. any help will be so appreciated . thanks angel

The sertraline (Zoloft) or Xanax you took may have caused the ambien false positive in the test.  Ambien and Xanax are structurally similar and Zoloft has been shown to yield false positives.  Have the place testing you run a gas chromatography-mass spectrometry confirmatory test to prove your clean.

Nanaz Khosrowshahi

Being a pharmacist, I can answer questions on medications. This includes how drugs work in the body, drug interactions, drug side effects, warnings and precautions to take when using certain medications, dosage forms and strengths, management of overdosing, storage of medications, drug administration, contraindications, and drug indications. I am able to guide them on lab work that needs to be drawn and monitored while on certain medications. I am able to help patients save money when purchasing medications by directing them to cost-effective therapies. I am able to answer questions on federal laws governing pharmacy practice in the United States. I am unable to answer questions legally as if I am diagnosing the patient's disease or illness. For example, if a patient stated he had upper flank pain, I am unable to say he definitely has a urinary tract infection. However, I am able to direct the patient to the correct next step, which is to call his physician with such a side effect.

I have been a licensed pharmacist since 2007, holding licenses in CT and MA. I have a PHARM.D from an accelerated pharmacy school program. Currently, I work at the Hebrew Home and Hospital in West Hartford, CT as a pharmacist. I am a well-rounded pharmacist, with experience in long-term care, IV home infusion, retail, hospital, and hospice. I serve as the pharmacy unit coordinator for Mass Dispensing Area #31 in CT, where I am called upon as a volunteer pharmacist in case of public emergencies, such as anthrax threats. I helped run the swine flu vaccine clinic in 2009. I am on the Editorial Advisory Board for Pharmacy Today, a publication of the American Pharmacists Association. My position on the board runs for three years. Every month I make suggestions and offer ideas that would help improve the magazine. I have undergone extra training to administer vaccines to patients, which is training that only a certain percentage of registered pharmacists in the country have.

American Pharmacists Association 2007

Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Worcester, MA- PHARM.D 2007 University of California, Irvine- BA psychology 2001 cum laude