Pharmacy/BP drugs

Hello Eric,
I am wondering which bp meds are the safest to use, i.e. which ones are less bad for you? It seems any are bad for you these days. I've been using Lisinopril hctz for about 10 yrs, recently got irbesartan hctz, had in the past Benicar hctz. I also use atorvastatin and I've heard things about these. I'm 43 yrs, 5'11", 253 lbs, smoke when I drink, 3 nights a week, drink 12 pack. I plan to lose weight and eat better, do some exercise so that I can stop taking these drugs. I plan to cut my doses in half and try that too. Thanks.

Hi MJ,
No drug is free of side effects. The ones you mentioned are all safe and effective. You are  in the right mind to lose weight, stop smoking, reduce the drinking as good lifestyle modifications to improve your health. Join a health club with a friend to motivate each other. No other BP meds are more effective or safer.
Thank you for using Allexpperts.
Eric Brandt, B.Sc. Pharm

Eric Brandt

I am a practicing pharmacist.On my drug information website, I have answered hundreds of questions to date. The articles posted on my site include Parkinson`s disease. depression, menopause, diabetes, sleep and aging, congestive heart failure, calcium channel blockers, thyroid hormone replacement therapy, ADHD, multiple sclerosis an more.

I have experience in retail as well as hospital pharmacy pracice. Currently working in a hospital pharmacy. I am experienced in drug information. Over the last 6 years I have developed a successful web site for drug information.

The addressfor my drug information website is http://www.druginformation.bc.caThere you can read articles on varios areas of health interest. You can also leave me questions which I will personally answer. I also have a free health information newsletter called The Caplet. To subscribe send e-mail to