Pharmacy/lamictal causing false spice test

QUESTION: I was in inpatient drug program have tested clean over 15 times 11 days ago I started taking a new drug for bipolar called lamictal. they gave me a UA and it came up dirty for k2 spice and I have never smoked spice before.I've seen that make doll has caused a lot of Dirty's for PCP doing some research on Google I see that there are some other people having problems getting dirty for spice and are thinking Its the lamictal. I am on probation and now because of this false positive they kicked me out of my rehab center I need help bad please help if you can shed any light on this

ANSWER: Have the inpatient rehab center/drug program run a mass spectrometry gas chromatography test.

QUESTION: will that show if it is the lamictal that's causing the false positive or whatever it may be that's causing it?

I cannot guarantee that it will show that lamictal is causing the false positive or whatever it is that may be causing the false positive.  However, depending on how they run lab tests there, it is a start to prove your innocence.  Have the people in charge of running the rehab place ask the lab experts.  

Nanaz Khosrowshahi

Being a pharmacist, I can answer questions on medications. This includes how drugs work in the body, drug interactions, drug side effects, warnings and precautions to take when using certain medications, dosage forms and strengths, management of overdosing, storage of medications, drug administration, contraindications, and drug indications. I am able to guide them on lab work that needs to be drawn and monitored while on certain medications. I am able to help patients save money when purchasing medications by directing them to cost-effective therapies. I am able to answer questions on federal laws governing pharmacy practice in the United States. I am unable to answer questions legally as if I am diagnosing the patient's disease or illness. For example, if a patient stated he had upper flank pain, I am unable to say he definitely has a urinary tract infection. However, I am able to direct the patient to the correct next step, which is to call his physician with such a side effect.

I have been a licensed pharmacist since 2007, holding licenses in CT and MA. I have a PHARM.D from an accelerated pharmacy school program. Currently, I work at the Hebrew Home and Hospital in West Hartford, CT as a pharmacist. I am a well-rounded pharmacist, with experience in long-term care, IV home infusion, retail, hospital, and hospice. I serve as the pharmacy unit coordinator for Mass Dispensing Area #31 in CT, where I am called upon as a volunteer pharmacist in case of public emergencies, such as anthrax threats. I helped run the swine flu vaccine clinic in 2009. I am on the Editorial Advisory Board for Pharmacy Today, a publication of the American Pharmacists Association. My position on the board runs for three years. Every month I make suggestions and offer ideas that would help improve the magazine. I have undergone extra training to administer vaccines to patients, which is training that only a certain percentage of registered pharmacists in the country have.

American Pharmacists Association 2007

Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Worcester, MA- PHARM.D 2007 University of California, Irvine- BA psychology 2001 cum laude