Pharmacy/B6 vit

Question
What is the role of b6 and why a combo product of b12 b6 folic acid is prescribed where the dose ithere is higher than recommended. Is there any connection of these vitamins with nurological transmitters

Answer
Hi Harsvadan,
(n the past there were many combinations of vitamins which contained high levels of individual vitamins. By high levels I mean amounts more than those prescribed by Schedule V of the Drugs and Cosmetics Rules of 1945. Under Section 26 A of the same rules these were banned one after another after 1983. However injectable preparations have been allowed to continue. There were reports that B1, B6 and B12 combinations have neurotropic properties, however, this could not be demonstrated in trials. Presently there is no logic in selling such combinations or using them.
Best wishes
Ravi Ghooi

Pharmacy

Dr. Ravindra Bhaskar Ghooi